A nice breakfast idea for a person with a vegan diet who wants an easy to make recipe is vegan french toast. This recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook. So enjoy french toast without the eggs and milk! Recipe makes 4 pieces of toast.
Ingredients (imperial measurements in parenthesis):
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of applesauce
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of Orange Juice, Grape Juice, any kind of fruit juice would do really.
- A dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
- 15mL (1 tbsp.) of margarine.
- 4 slices of bread
- Shallow bowl
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- nonstick frying pan
- Pour the applesauce and fruit juice into the shallow bowl, insert the dash of cinnamon into the mix. Whisk until well blended
- Turn the stove on to medium heat, place the frying pan on the stove and melt the margarine.
- After margarine melts, either dip the bread into the mix or spread the mix on top of one side. The difference between is how gooey you the toast to be, dipping the bread into the mixture will make it more gooey.
- Cook a side of the bread for about 2-5 minutes. It should become a golden brown color (This means the side has transmuted into toast.) Flip the bread over so the other side can cook. If you are spreading the mixture and not dipping, before flipping be sure to apply the mixture to the naked side first.
- Cook second side until it reaches the golden brown color, it should take about 2-5 minutes. Place it on plate. Add jam, syrup or even enjoy it barren!